Friday, February 3, 2012

swaps

Last night I finished up this bag for a swap on Flickr. I'm excited about this one as my secret swap partner is someone with great taste who's work I really admire. I soooooo hope she loves this bag!
I'm a bit annoyed with myself because I sewed too many hexies on and had to unpick some. I also didn't think about how some would end up underneath the bag once the bottom was boxed.
If I made it again I would use smaller hexagons so I could fit more into the smaller space.


I used some of my favourite Japanese prints with linen for the outside of the bag. The lining is Kona Robin's Egg. I used the Jane Market Bag pattern from Posy-which is very easy to follow and makes a great bag.
I'd love to show you the back, but I've personalised it in a way that would completely give away who it's for. So here's just a peek ;)
The little touch of lace with the button is an idea borrowed from Amy of nanaCompany who has the most inspired ways of adding a tiny pretty touch to things. Off to the post office to send this on it's way!

2 comments:

  1. Your secret recipient is sure to love this bag with all those pretty details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bag is beautiful, I love the fabrics you have used.

    ReplyDelete